Header



earlier posts

2 Nisan 2014 Çarşamba

Books, Books.


Lately I've been reading regularly again, and to keep things excited I reed in English and not my foreign language. These are my recent purchases. I've finished An Abundance of Katherines By John Green and halfway through The Diary of a Nobody by Geroge & Weedon Grossmith. I didn't know when I bought it but that book is actually written in 1892. It has a unique sense of humor and I'm definitely delighted by it. It tells the adventures of an ordinary man, his wife and their friends.
As for A Brief History of Time, I read it because of my major. They don't teach you these kind of stuff in college, they give you the rules, theorems, the basics and stuff and the rest of it is up to you. So I do some scientific reading apart from the lectures, to have a deeper understanding of the topic and to know about different ideas of unique scientists.

Coming back to An Abundance Of Katherines, I have to say I am once again amazed by John Green. I have read all of his books (besides Will Grayson, Will Grayson which I've already ordered online) and I think this one is my second favorite. The characters were -as always- very realistic and well written, but what I like about the most is the anagrams and the math in the book. It's unusual and gives the book a rare texture.

As for my very first favorite of Green, it is by far Looking For Alaska. That book means so much to me and I don't think that there would be a book by Green that is more beautiful than Alaska. I know, it has been popularized so much that maybe it lost its meaning to some of you, but I keep that book in a different place in my heart that no matter what it will always be special to me.

So that's it from me people, what about you? What are you reading now, or what was the last book you've finished?

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...